Search This Blog

Friday, August 11, 2017

Cutlery Holder

Hi Everyone!

It has been a busy summer in our family.  Marie and Dan bought their first home and are now engaged.  I resigned from my career as a classroom teacher and visited one of my sisters for a week in Washington state. 

I have had a wonderful time working on my crafts, but this past week has been the most fun of all.  I have been busy planning and prepping for Dan and Marie's engagement party. 

The party isn't for a few weeks, but there's so much to do that I have been working on it all day, everyday. 

Marie has chosen navy blue and yellow as her colors.  Over the next week or so I will post photos of some of the things I've created. 

Today I will share the cutlery holders I created.  I cut 12" x 12" yellow polka dotted tag into 4" x 12" strips.  I scored along the 12" length at 1.5" and 6".  I folded the paper at the 6" mark.


I folded the 1.5" score back on itself.  Then I used a Martha Stewart hearts border punch to cut the edge of the paper. 

I used the PaperTrey Ink friendship jar die to cut navy blue jars.  Marie loves daisies so I added a paper punched daisy with a yellow brad in the center to each of the jar die cuts. 

I adhered a glassine bag inside each holder.  Even though a folded napkin, fork, knife and spoon fit perfectly in each bag, I decided not to put a spoon in them. 

The cutlery holders will be on one of the tables in some cute little wagons.


That's all for today, but stop by again soon to see what else I've made.

No comments: