Search This Blog

Saturday, August 19, 2017

Fox Cards

Hi Everyone!

Foxes are a popular decorating theme.  Almost 6 months ago Paula sent me a fox oven mitt and a fox mini oven mitt.

I like them so much that I display them in my kitchen instead of using them.


Paula loves night lights.  When I was shopping at "Happy" in West Concord I saw an adorable fox night light that I knew she would love.

You charge it by leaving it in the sun or near a bright light.  When you turn it on the fox looks 3 dimensional and you can see trees in the background.

I was joking with an old friend last night who was telling me he used to be shy.  I said he was never shy, but has always been sly.  Sly...like a fox.  I said he had just inspired me to create some fox cards.

I looked through my paper crafting supplies and found just what I needed. 


The tree bark paper was in the drawer waiting to be used.  I used a Nestability standard oval die to cut a hole in the tree trunk.  Then I stamped a Hero Arts  fox stamp on orange patterned paper and white paper.  I fussy cut both foxes.  I glued the white eyes and white tip of the fox's tail onto the orange patterned paper.  The sentiment is a Hero Arts cling stamp. 

Here's a similar card, but this time I used a stamp from Lawn Fawn's "Critters in the Forest" clear stamp set to create the fox.  I added tiny googly eyes to the fox's face. 

This card is one of my favorites.  I found one piece of sienna tree bark paper in the drawer.  I used a standard circle Nestability die to cut 3 holes in the paper.  I stamped 3 Hero Arts fox heads onto white tag and used Memento markers to color them.  I glued them to make it look as if the fox is peering through holes in the tree. 


I made a card that is similar to this one a long time ago.  The tree was cut with an Impression Obsession die.  The clouds were punched with 3 different Fiskars squeeze punches.  The fox and the log are from Lawn Fawn's "Critters in the Forest" clear stamp set. 

That's it for today.  Time to do some cleaning up around here...YUCK!

Hope you have a great weekend!








No comments: