Search This Blog

Friday, December 1, 2017

Gift Tags

Hi Everyone!

My paper crafting life has been busy, busy, busy.  I told a friend of mine, busy is good, but it's nice to finally have some time to write a post for my blog.

A few weeks ago I found some large kraft tags in a local store and knew I "needed" them.  Sometimes I use tags as "tags" on packages and other times I use tags as the background for little scenes I create for my cards.  I own several tag dies, but I still buy some pre-cut ones from time to time. 

I purchased the 3 packages of 12 tags each that the store had in stock thinking that I would have more than enough of them.  Was I ever wrong.  I ended up using one of the tags as a pattern and now this season I have created about 100 tags. 

I sold or gave away many of the tags before I photographed them, but I took pictures of the ones I finished today.


I ran the background paper and some white metallic tag through a snowflake embossing folder.  The full snowflakes are attached to the tag with foam tape to give the tag dimension.  The tags that I cut in half are adhered to the tag with Scor-tape. 


The belt buckle on the Santa suit tag was created with the pull tab from a can of Diet Pepsi. 

 
The three dimensional Santa stickers on these tags are the cutest stickers I have ever seen.  I found them at Michaels.  I used Lawn Fawn Puffy Cloud Border Dies to cut the snowbanks on these tags and many of the other ones I created.


The gingerbread person on these tags were created with stamps from PaperTrey Ink's "Holiday Button Bits" clear stamp set.  The sentiments were created with Washi tape. 


I used Cherry Metallic Mist from Maya Road to add color to many of my Maya Road letters.  I ran my letters through my Xyron X Maker to put adhesive on the back of them. 

That's it for today.  Marie and some of her friends are coming here tonight for a Pinterest Craft Party.  I'll share the projects they are going to make another day.

Have a great night!



No comments: