Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Maya Road Bottle Cap Ornaments

Hi Everyone!

One of our Christmas Eve traditions is everyone receives a new ornament.  For the past few years I have been making the ornaments that I give.  This year I am using Maya Road bottle caps to create some of those ornaments.

I used my Spellbinder standard circle dies to create the background paper for each ornament.  I used circle die #13 for the 4" Maya Road bottle cap and circle die #9 for the 3" Maya Road bottle cap.

I used a Spellbinders Nested Pine Tree die to create this first ornament.  Lawn Fawn's Puffy Clouds border dies were used to create the snowbanks.  I love those dies.  I use them to create not only clouds, but also snowbanks, hills, and ocean waves.  I added rhinestones to the tree for ornaments. 


This second ornament was created for my daughter who loves the red truck carrying a tree theme that you can see on so many things.  I used a die and a stamp that were included with a recent edition of Simply Cards & Papercraft magazine.  I painted a scrap of paper with Sparkling H20 watercolor paint for the truck. When the paint dried, I used the die to cut out the truck.  I added tiny brads to the tires for hub caps.  The road was created with a piece of ribbon.  The truck and the tree are adhered to the bottle cap with foam tape. 


Here's another truck ornament I made.  This time I added a tree from Michaels to the top of the truck.


I used my craft drill to drill 2 small holes in the top of each ornament.  Then I threaded a piece of twine through the holes and knotted it to create a hanger for each ornament. 

I have other ornaments to share with you on another day.  Have a great day!

No comments: