Search This Blog

Saturday, March 21, 2020

I'm back!

Hi Everyone!

It has been nearly 1.5 years since I last posted on this site.  I have decided it's time to start blogging again.  Blogging is my way of sharing creativity on the Internet.  Blogging is my way of keeping a journal about many of my creations.  For years most of my posts were about paper crafts I had done.  My interests have expanded over the years and now many of those interests will be shared on this blog.  I also post ideas on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest from time to time. 

My daughter and I started following dugansgirls on Instagram several months ago.  She has been the inspiration for the tiered displays my daughter and I create for our homes. 

Here's a photo of the Easter tiered display I created yesterday.


I often create signs or shadow boxes for my displays.  Look at the "Happy Easter" sign in the photo.  I used a chalkboard place card from Target as the base of my sign.

I used my Cricut Explore Air 2 and some vinyl from JoAnn's to create the lettering on the sign.  The rabbit on the sign is a tiny felt rabbit from a package that my friend Toni sent me.  I added a tiny white pompom to it for a tail.  I used a Martha Stewart bow paper punch to create the tiny bow on the sign.  If you don't own a Cricut you could use stickers or chalk pens to create the words and images on your sign. 

I still love creating and sending cards to friends and family. Here's one of the Easter cards I recently made.


I used washi tape from Eyelet Outlet to create the layering paper for my card.  Washi tape comes in a wide range of widths and patterns and is easy to use.  I cut the layering paper for my card so that it measures 4" x 5.25".  When I apply washi tape to the paper I always wrap it so that a little of it is on the back of the paper.  That way it doesn't unwrap and looks smooth and even.  The "Happy Easter" sentiment was created with a clear stamp from Lawn Fawn

Well, that's it for today.  I'll be back again soon to share more inspiration with you.





1 comment:

Renee Ewalt said...

Your tiered tray is spring perfection Carol! The bunnies and pops of pink are the perfect combo!! It makes my heart happy to know that I have inspired you and your daughter to create lovely tiered trays for your home! ❤️