Search This Blog

Saturday, March 21, 2020

Easter Flower Pots

Hi Everyone!

I love using terra-cotta clay pots to create seasonal and holiday decorations.  Here are some that I made for Easter.

You can use any size pot to create these decorations.  The ones in this photograph are mini terra-cotta clay pots that I stocked up on last Spring.  I bought them at the Dollar Tree Store where they sell at least 3 sizes of them, but they are considered a seasonal item there.  You can buy them in craft stores and garden centers throughout the year.

I apply at least 2 coats of acrylic paint to the pots before I decorate them.  Tacky glue or a hot glue gun is used to adhere the features to the pots.  There's a piece of a pipe cleaner between the pink and tan felt pieces on the ears so that they can be bent easily.  I used jewelry wire to create the whiskers for the bunny.  The wings and feet on the chick were created from fun foam. 

I use the mini pots as favors at each place setting.  They may not be food safe so I put candy treats in a clear treat bag before I put the treats in the pots.


Larger pots make adorable decorations. 

Take care!

2 comments: