Search This Blog

Sunday, March 22, 2020

Yellow Tiered Display

Hi Everyone!

Like me, my kitchen is 67 years old.  The stove and dishwasher are each less than 5 years old, but the countertop, cabinets and floor are the originals.  Or at least they were here when we moved into this house 37 years ago.  But both of my adult children  have commented more than once that it is the best kitchen in the world.  We have prepped many meals together in that small old-age room.  I cannot afford to update the countertop, cabinets or floor at this time, but I still brighten up the room by changing the banners in the window and the displays I create.

The inspiration for this yellow tiered display came from dugansgirls like so many of my other displays do.  I have used the wired tiered stand at parties and holidays to hold food, but until now I hadn't used it for a display.  The shelves on it are wired ones much like a cake rack would be.  So it's not easy to stand things on them.  But it finally dawned on me to cover each rack with a patterned paper circle.  Problem solved.  It worked!


I used my Cricut Air Explore 2 and some vinyl to create the 2 framed displays.  I also made the flower pot chick that I wrote about yesterday.  Everything else is store bought.  The tulips are silk ones as are the pink ones that are now "blooming" in the pink tiered display I showcased the other day. 

Hope this display virtually brightens your day too.

1 comment:

Renee Ewalt said...

I enjoyed reading this post Carol. We have lived in our little home for almost 30 years. The memories we make are truly what makes a house a HOME. Your handmade chicken signs are adorable! Thank you for sharing your tiered tray and a little piece of your heart too. ❤️