Search This Blog

Thursday, May 13, 2010

"Citronella" from K&Company

Hi Everyone!
Okay, I admit it. I am a papercrafting junkie. I just cannot help myself. Yesterday, I stopped at Michaels to purchase some glue dots. I wandered over to the clearance section to see what was there. Well, there was a block of paper sitting on one of the shelves calling to me. I picked it up, flipped through the pages, and it was love at first sight. I HAD to buy that paper. HAD TO!

The paper is called "Citronella" and is from K&Company. Find some, Janet, you’re going to want it! So will all of the other readers of this blog. The paper is double sided and is tag weight. As the name suggests the papers are citrus colors.




Look at this bag I made. Wouldn’t you just love to have it as a beach bag! Seriously, aren’t those colors the yummiest you have ever seen! I cut out 2 extra flowers and attached them to the bag with 3D dots.




I’ve finished 2 of the 4 cards that I plan to put in the bag. I added some orange Stickles to the flowers. I cut out a few extra flowers for each card and placed them on top of a matching flower. They are attached with 3D dots to help them pop out from the cards.



The "Happy Birthday" stamp on this card is from Hero Arts.





Not sure who will be the recipient of this all occasion "Best Fishes!" card, but I am happy with it. The fish are buttons from Favorite Findings. The "Best Fishes!" stamp is from River City Rubber Works. I stamped with one of the new ink pads that Marie gave me for Mother’s Day. The color is "Surf"! Perfect for this card.



I saw a card similar to this one at InkAbout It. The turtle has fallen over and landed on his back. I may cut out some orange leaves and use 3D dots to pop them out on this card.
The paper with these lemon slices on it was among my favorites in the block. The paper that I have backed the lemon slices on is the reverse side of the lemon paper. Inside the card as you might guess it says, "Make lemonade" and you can see the glass of lemonade epoxy sticker.

Robbie’s Mother’s Day gift to me arrived in the mail today. He bought me adorable Owl stamps from PaperTreyInk. Robbie and I have some ongoing jokes about owls so those stamps are meaningful to both of us. My Holiday Button Bits stamps from PaperTreyInk also arrived today.
New paper and new stamps along with the new items I purchased at the conference a couple of weeks ago. Fun! Fun! Fun!
Talk to you again soon.
Carol

2 comments:

Peggy Burns said...

I love the turtle card, so cute. What great paper, it's so bright and springy (is this a word?). Good job as usual.

Carol Hartery said...

Hi Peggy!
Guess what we can now see some of the living room floor! Soon I can have you and other friends over to papercraft!