Search This Blog

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Quilts to Cards

Hi Everyone!

I'm taking a break from cleaning to post some more cards. A couple of my friends mentioned they might make some cards during this 3 day weekend so I thought I'd share some ideas with them and with you.

If you live in the Boston area and haven't been to New England Book Fair in Needham, plan to go there when you have time to browse. Robbie and I went there yesterday. I wandered into the Remainders Room to look through the Crafts and Cooking sections. One of the books I found and purchased is Cute as a Button Quilts by Joni Pike. It was marked down to under $6 and yes, Janet, there are more copies of it still on the shelf.

The full size patterns are a little large for a card, but I scanned a couple of them and reduced them and then they were perfect for an A2 card. If you've been following my blog you know that I love quilts and I love paper piecing and many quilt patterns can be used for paper piecing.

I embossed the papers for this house before I cut them. I think the embossing gives the paper a quilted look. Added a heart brad for the door knob and a scrap of felt for the smoke that's coming out of the chimney.




I created this heart flowers card in less than 20 minutes. I cut the 3 sets of stems and leaves out at the same time and did the same thing with the hearts. This time I glued the leaves and flowers to the background paper before I embossed the paper.

The other patterns in the book will have to wait for another day.
Back to cleaning....bummer!

Carol





No comments: