Search This Blog

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Sunday's Cards

Hi Everyone!
I’ve spent the day putting my new supplies away and creating cards. The materials for this hobby of mine are taking over more and more of my dining room. I still have and love my collection of dishes, but they are taking a backseat to my papercrafting tools and materials.

Yesterday I showed you this Get Well card that I created from the Take It EZ collection from Woodware USA. Last night I made a variation of the same card, but this time I used a Martha Stewart ladybug edger punch to create a ladybug border.



I used another stamp from the same collection to create these Get Well cards. The elephant and the monkey are chipboard animals from
K & Company.



One of the techniques that I saw at the Creating Keepsakes Convention that I really liked was punching a hole in a card and then placing a chipboard embellishment in the hole. You’ll notice that I used that technique on the 2 ladybug "Get Well" cards I created. I also used that same technique on these 2 Mother’s Day cards. I love the look and have lots of embellishments here that I can use. The sunflower buttons are Favorite Findings. I used a stamp from the Blooming Buttons collection from PaperTrey Ink to create the leaves for the sunflowers.

Toni went to a cardmaking class at Ink AboutIt in Westford and learned about the technique of cutting the flower into thirds before it is glued to a card. The rose stamp is from Heartfelt Creations. The "Happy Mother's Day stamp is from the

The hat on this card is one of my new stamps from Purple Daisy Designs. I purchased several stamps from them at the convention. Many of their stamps were very different from others I have seen.






Well, that’s what I have done so far today. Talk to you soon.
Carol

No comments: