Search This Blog

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Happy Halloween!

Hi Everyone!

I thought I'd stop by and share a couple of Halloween cards with you.  Hero Arts has a set of Halloween stamps called "Stamp It:  Halloween".  The set contains 4 clear stamps:  bats, a jack o'lantern, a monster and a ghost.  For today's cards I just used the monster and a text stamp from the Hero Arts clear stamp set called
"Happy Halloween"

I used my Color Box orange, violet, and moss green pigment ink pads and stamped a monster with each of those colors onto white tag.  Then I used a black Memento ink pad to stamp the text.  I backed the white tag with a scrap of black tag  and then I wrapped some twine from The Twinery around the black tag.  I always run a thin piece of Scor-tape along the area of the card where I plan to add the twine to help keep it in place. 
I backed the black tag onto a 4" x 5.25" piece of Martha Stewart Halloween paper and then adhered that paper to the blank card.  For fun I added a large pair of wiggly eyes to the corner of the white tag. 


This second card is pretty similar to the first one except I mostly used some manilla tag on it.  I stamped the edge of a Lawn Fawn spider web from their Heebie Jeebies clear stamp set around the edge of the layering paper.  I got that idea from one of Kelly Marie's videos.  Her videos are always filled with great ideas.  

I am totally in craft fair mode and hope to share more of my creations with you soon.

Have a great day!
Carol

No comments: