Search This Blog

Monday, October 24, 2011

'Tis the Season

Hi Everyone!

I am completely in Christmas mode.  I was even playing Christmas music while I was creating cards yesterday.  My confusion with the holiday continues as now Halloween is just a week away, but my entire work area says Christmas and the display on my mantle is being taken over by Christmas cards, bags, mini cards, and tags. 


'Tis the season for purchasing a Christmas tree.  I've had my eye on a stamp that has the image of a car with a Christmas tree on it, but decided it was an image I could create on my own since I own an adorable car stamp and a multitude of Christmas tree stamps.

The car on this card is from a set of clear stamps called "Boys and Their Toys" and the trees are from Hero Arts.  I started out by cutting a snowbank and gluing it on a piece of decorative paper that looks a little like snow to me.  Then I put some Scor-tape on the backside of a piece of ribbon and adhered it just above the snowbank to make it look like a road.  I think that the stitched white lines on the ribbon totally make it look just like a road. 


I stamped 3 car images onto 3 different scraps of solid tag, embossed and fussy cut them and glued them onto the road.  Then I stamped and fussy cut 3 trees and used foam tape to adhere them to the tops of the cars.  The text is from PaperTrey Ink's Think Big Favorites #8 clear stamp set.  That stamp has already become one of my favorites.


'Tis the season for baking cookies which happens to be one of my favorite holiday traditions.  I used a Sizzix die to cut out the cookie sheet and pancake turner on this card.  The gingerbread men are Favorite Findings buttons.  This is a very cute and very simple card to create. 




'Tis the season for mittens.  I've told you stories about the mittens my mother used to knit for all of us and with her in mind each year I create a variety of holiday cards that have a knitting or a mitten theme.  This time I stamped a mitten image onto 4 scraps of yellow tag.  Then I stamped the same image onto 4 other scraps of tag and fussy cut the mittens before I glued them to the yellow tag.  The paper I chose looks knitted to me.  This card is also a simple one to create.  The yellow squares are 1.25" and the red ones behind them are 1.5".



I have many more holiday cards to share with you, but that's it for today.

Have a great day! 
Carol

1 comment:

Shirley said...

What fun and pretty cards! Love the trees, gloves, and all!