Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Happy Turkey Day

Hi Everyone!

I've told you about the fun we have had this summer watching some wild turkeys roam from yard to yard.  Well, their favorite yard is Bob and Jan's because Bob has been feeding them.  Every afternoon those turkeys race across the street and up Bob and Jan's driveway to the backyard.  They hover near the back door until Bob comes outside with a pail of food.  Some of them eat right out of his hand. 

Bob and Jan have a shed that looks like a little house.  Jan hangs a seasonal banner or flag from a hook on that shed.  I decided to make them this card.

The turkey and the text are Lawn Fawn's "Turkey Day" clear stamp set.  I cut a strip of Memory Box paper that is 4" wide and about 4.75" long.  I used my Scor-Buddy to score a line at 4" and folded the .75 under.  I adhered the edge of that fold with Scor-tape.   Then I used a Martha Stewart border punch to edge the other end of the tag.  Found some great fall ribbon in my stash to add to the tag.  Then I stamped on the turkey and the text and used some Copic markers to color the turkey. 

I slid a craft stick through the "casing" I had created at the top of the card and pierced it to make it looked stitched. 

I used Tumbled Glass Distress Ink to add color to a piece of white tag.  I adhered the tag to the blank card and the turkey banner to the tag. 

Jan saves everything that I make for her.  Soon she'll have this card in her collection.

Tonight we are making Get Well Sets and cards in my class.

Have a great night!
Carol

1 comment:

Shirley said...

What a fun card! Love that hanging out to dry look and the punched edge too!