Search This Blog

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Holiday Trees Altered Frame

Hi Everyone!

Last night I watched an awesome Hero Arts video called "Sparkling Holiday Trees" that was presented by the incredibly talented and humorous Julie Ebersole.  Here's the link to that video
http://www.heroarts.com/learning/technique.cfm?techID=229

I already have a set of Hero Arts cling Christmas tree stamps and a wooden Memory Box Christmas tree stamp so I didn't need any new tree stamps, but I did purchase the Xyron X sticker maker last night.  That was a great decision.

I used 2 shades of green Memento dye inks to stamp my trees on white tag.  Then I fussy cut them and ran them through the Xyron machine the way Julie explained in her blog.  Instead of creating a card I chose to create an altered frame.  I wish that the glittery trees and snowbanks showed up in my photograph.  In addition to glitter I added tiny rhinestones to the trees.  The letters were cut with a Sizzix die. 

The bottle caps are 3 inch bottle caps from Maya Road. 

Thank you Julie and Hero Arts for the inspiration for this project.

Have a great day!
Carol

3 comments:

Tami - Hero Arts said...

What a fabulous and festive frame, Carol! Love all the sparkle! Thanks for stopping by the Hero Arts blog and sharing your project link with us! :)

Shirley said...

Fun and lovely too, Carol!!

Shirley said...

Love what you did with your trees on that great BG and the bottle caps are fun and creative for your greeting too!