Search This Blog

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Holiday Luminary

Hi Everyone!

I cannot go to bed until I share today's creation with you.  A picture of a Halloween luminary caught my eye and I decided to create a Christmas one.  I played around for a couple of hours as I figured out how to create the one I had in mind. 

I used the Sizzix Vintage Cabinet Card die and the Sizzix Mini Cabinet Card die to create my luminary, but I am sure you could create something similar using square, rectangle, or label Nestability dies. 

If you study the photograph you can see that clear tag vellum is sandwiched between die cut pieces of chipboard.  I misted the chipboard with Maya Road mist.  I misted all 8 pieces (each panel has 2 pieces) and then covered 4 of them with some SEI paper.  The reason I misted even the 4 pieces that were covered with the paper was in case I adhered them slightly off and to give the side edges a finished look. 


I used dye ink to stamp Hero Arts cling tree stamps onto the clear tag vellum.  The cling tree stamps are from the "Season's Greetings" collection and are among my favorite and most used stamps this season.  Don't touch the stamped images right away because it takes a while for the ink to dry on the vellum.  I added tiny rhinestone jewels to some of the trees.  I highlighted the stamped garland on the trees with gold and white Uni-ball pens.

I used a Crop-a-dile to punch through the chipboard and then used some thin ribbon to tie the sides together.  Then I placed a battery operated tea light in the center.  The trees look so cool when the candlelight is flickering. 

That's it for today.  I have a craft fair on Saturday and am still busy creating for it. 

Thanks for visiting.  Hope you'll leave a comment. 
Carol

1 comment:

Shirley said...

Wow, Carol, this is so pretty! I love the colors and your trees are wonderful! Let me know how your craft fair does. My neighbor is taking some of my cards for her booth! Anxious here. LOLOL