Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Sewing theme Note cards

Good Morning Everyone!

It all began with some rolls of American Crafts ribbon.  The moment I saw the collection I knew it would be perfect for creating cards with a sewing theme.  Images on the ribbon include pincushions, spools of thread, buttons, scissors, needles, zig zag stitches, basting stitches, etc.

I pulled out my wooden "Thank you sew much" stamp from Stampendous, Lawn Fawn’s "Sew Lovely" clear stamp set, Hero Arts "Sew Artsy" clear stamp set, and PaperTrey Ink’s "Quilter’s Sampler" clear stamp set. I planned to mix and match stamps from each collection and decided to use them with papers from Heidi Grace’s "One Sunny Day" paper pad. 

This was the first card that I created.
I stamped the dress form directly on the layering paper. Then I stamped it on some patterned paper, fussy cut just the body, and used foam tape to adhere it to the layering paper.

This second card was basically created the same way as the first one. The heads of the pins on the pincushion are tiny brads.

I stamped, colored, and fussy cut the spools of thread before I adhered them to this card with foam tape.

I stamped the sewing machine onto some blue tag and fussy cut it. I cut off the paper needle and added a paper clip "needle". The knobs on the sewing machine are tiny brads.

I paper punched a scalloped heart and then paper pierced it. I used a white gel pen to create the "stitches" on the heart. The heart is threaded onto the paper clip to make it look as if it is being sewn.

I plan to create a coordinating gift bag for this set of cards.

Have a great day!

2 comments:

Peggy Burns said...

Love the spool of thread card. That's my favorite of this bunch.

Shirley said...

A really bright, cheerful, fun, and pretty card, Carol!!