Search This Blog

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Tea theme cards

Hi Everyone! 

Someone I met at last week's craft fair requested that I create some cards with a tea theme.   I pulled out my Hero Arts "Big Cup" cling stamp, my Hero Arts "What's Perking" clear stamp set, and some American Crafts, Memory Box and dcwv papers. 

Here's one of the cards. 

The text is from the Hero Arts "Holiday Sayings" clear stamp set.  That reminds me of a suggestion I may or may not have shared with you previously.    My clear stamps are stored by set in cd cases in alphabetical order by the name of the set.  I listed the names of those sets on my computer and then below each set's name I listed all of the text messages that are in that set.  Many clear sets contain a variety of messages and I don't want to forget what I have.  So when I am creating a card I browse through my list to see the different messages that I have.

I stamped the big cup on a piece of Memory Box paper and fussy cut it.  I used a craft knife to score along the lip of the cup so I could slide a real tea bag in it.  I also cut out the handle before I adhered the cup to the American Crafts layering paper. 

Here's another card.
Once again I stamped the Big Cup cling stamp on some Memory Box papers and fussy cut the cups.  I used a craft knife to cut along the lips of all 3 cups.  I slid the cups inside of each other and added a real tea bag to the cup that is stacked at the top.

The layering paper on this card is from dcwv's Nana's Kitchen 12" x 12" paper stack. 
The text is a clear stamp from the Hero Arts "What's Perking?" clear stamp set. 

I used a different color Memory Box paper for this cup, but other than that the card is the same.


I've had craft fairs the past 2 Saturdays and I have another one this coming Saturday.  I also have some very exciting news to share.  The owner of a new Art Gallery contacted me recently and purchased about 75 of my cards and 25 of my mini cards/gift tags.  So between the craft fairs, gifts for Christmas, card orders from friends and family, my craft classes, my cooking class, and my consulting work I am busy, busy, busy!  But that's a good thing! 

Will be in touch again soon. 
Carol




1 comment:

Shirley said...

How very creative with the paper piecing. Both cards are so bright and cheerful. What a pretty and fun treat to give!