Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Marie's Birthday

Hi Everyone!

I'm beat.  We just celebrated Marie's 25th birthday.  In our family you get to choose the meal we'll have when it's your birthday.  Marie requested a turkey dinner and I was crazy enough to say I'd make one.  A turkey dinner isn't an ideal meal to prepare during the week, but I pulled it off.  We had turkey with gravy, stuffing, mashed potatoes, squash casserole, peas and cranberry sauce. 

I know I've mentioned Marie's love of daisies so I created a daisy fruit basket for her as the centerpiece.  The fruit was awesome and Marie loved the arrangement.  She started to eat it before we had photographed it, but it still looks pretty good. 


I had planned to make polka dot cupcakes, but instead I made some Boston Cream Pie ones and sprinkled daisy sprinkles on them.  I made some cupcake wrappers that looked like flower petals out of some patterne paper that is polka dotted on one side and striped on the other side.


Yesterday Aly Dosdall posted an awesome tutorial on how to create a paper flower embellishment on the Scrapbook and Cards Today blog.  Click here for the link to her post.  Here's one of the flowers I made.



I made 3 of them and adhered them to one of the gift bags I made for Marie.  I love the tone on tone look of it.  I also love how the simple act of inking each petal makes each of them stand out.



Okay, that's it for today.  I am hitting my pillow early tonight!

Have a great night.
Carol

No comments: