Search This Blog

Sunday, April 1, 2012

More Easter Cards

Hi Everyone!

Well, this weekend certainly flew by.  It was a busy one for sure.  We made a variety of boxes and bags for Easter treats in yesterday's craft class.  I worked on Easter, Spring, and Mother's Day cards today.

I was given a copy of the Spring 2012 issue of Scrapbooks & Cards Today when Janet and I were shopping at Absolutely Everything last week.  I found some wonderfully inspiring ideas in that issue as I do in each issue of the magazine.  Be sure to check out their blog at http://www.scrapbookandcards.com/  Every week I create a variety of original cards, but today I only slightly altered two of the cards in that issue.  The first was made by Kim Hughes and is on page 36. 

I used the chick and text stamp from The Stamps of Life "Eggs4Easter2" clear stamp set on my card along with some die cut eggs and a die cut sun.   I used my new Fiskars "grass" punch to cut the grass. 


I also loved Roree Rumph's card on page 47.  I used an AccuCut whole egg die to cut eggs and some stickers from my stash to mimic her card.


Robbie asked me to make a birthday card for him to give to Marie.  I found some stickers in my stash and used one of them for the card.


I ran some patterned paper from Lawn Fawn's "Bright Side" paper collection through a Cuttlebug birthday embossing folder and sanded it.  I adhered the cupcake I stamped and fussy cut to the card with foam tape.

I have a question that I hope some of you who read my posts will answer for me.  Like me I am sure you find inspiration for your cards and crafts in a variety of magazines.  How do you keep track of those ideas?  Do you keep every copy of every issue of every magazine?  Did you cut and file ideas from magazines?  If you file them how do you file them?  I would appreciate some feedback because I need to weed through a stack of magazines. 

Have a great night!
Carol

2 comments:

Shirley said...

Hi Carol, I have really missed seeing these really cute, pretty, and fun cards!! These are beautiful!

Peggy Burns said...

When teaching I would cut out article and put them in a folder. But now I would put them in clear sleeves and keep them all in a loose leaf notebook.