Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Christmas Notepads


Hi Everyone!

First some housekeeping...

I know that there are many new people reading this blog. Welcome! I am glad that you found us. Please everyone leave some comments to share your thoughts about the cards and other paper crafts, to ask or question, or to let me know that you'd like me to post a particular kind of card or papercrafting activity. The first time that you try to post a comment you will be asked to set up a free google account if you don't already have one. The prompts will tell you exactly how to do it. The comments help me know that someone is actually reading the blogs that I post for you.

If you look along the left side of the blog you will see a list of followers. To become a follower you just need to click on "Follow".

If you want to see a larger image of any photograph on my blog just click on the picture to enlarge it and then click on the back arrow in your browser to continue reading the blog.

I try to post a blog every 2 or 3 days. Sometimes I post even more often than that and every now and then I post a little less often if my life is extra busy.

And now onto today's blog...

I know that many of you own a Cuttlebug, Sizzix, or other die cutting machine. I recently purchased a new Sizzix die which as you know works with most major die cutting machines. The new die is called "Album Cover & Page" and is a standard size die. You can cut chipboard, tag, scrapbook paper, etc. with the die. I decided to make some Christmas notepads for people to toss in their purses when they go shopping.



I cut 2 pages out of chipboard to use for the back and front covers of each notepad. I cut out 4 pages of patterned paper for each notepad so I could cover both sides of the front and back covers. I cut 12 pages out of white tag to use for the pages in the notepad. I chose to use tag instead of copy paper so that the pages would be sturdier.






I rubbed a dye ink pad along the side edges of the chipboard to give them some color. I also brushed that same dye ink pad along the front and back edges as shown in the photograph. I did that in case I didn't line my papers up exactly when I covered the chipboard. You do not need to brush on as much ink as I did. I got a little carried away with my rubbing! Dye ink dries quickly, but I set the chipboard aside to dry completely while I adhered Scor-pal tape to the backs of the 4 sheets of patterned paper.



Next I attached the patterned papers to the inside and outside of the front and back covers. The Sizzix die cuts 3 holes in each page so I lined up the holes so that they matched and ran a piece of 1/8" wide ribbon through each hole and tied each piece into a little knot. The ribbons are tied loosely so that the pages can turn easily or be untied to add more pages to the notepads.



I added embellishments to the front covers just for fun.

The notepads I created today are for Christmas lists, but by using different papers you could make notepads for everyday use.

Talk to you soon. Have a great night!
Carol

1 comment:

sucor said...

Great project! Cute and useful as well!