Search This Blog

Monday, October 3, 2011

Batty 4 U frame

Hi Everyone!

Diane brought her copy of this year’s Better Homes and Gardens Special Interest magazine, Holiday Crafts, to Saturday’s class. As we flipped through it we all found something we liked so I picked up a copy yesterday while I was out grocery shopping. I like the "Halloween Boo-ology" altered frame on page 14 that Jennifer Hadfield created. I had a 10" frame sitting on a shelf and decided to use it to create an altered bat frame of my own.

I removed the glass from the frame and put a piece of dotty orange-yellow Memory box paper in its place. I folded some sheets of dotty purple, black and lime green PaperTrey Ink papers in half and glued them together so that both sides of the paper would have color. Then I used an EK Success paper punch to punch some bats in each of those colors. I attached a glue dot to each of the bat’s bodies and adhered them to the frame.

I liked the results, but wasn’t thrilled with them. I showed the frame to Rob, my best critic, and he wasn’t excited about it either. So I gave each bat a pair of googly eyes and Rob and I were both happier with the results, but I felt it still needed something.

So I used an Accucut Zip’eMate bat die to cut a few bats in different colors. I tried each color on the frame and finally selected a green one. I added some alphabet stickers to the bat to spell out, "Batty 4 U" and adhered the bat to the frame. Finally, I was thrilled with the results. Rob liked it too. Marie walked into the room and announced she liked everything, but the large bat with the words on it! Oh, well. You cannot please everyone!

I had some leftover bats so I used them on this card.

Have a great day!
Carol

1 comment:

Shirley said...

How totally fun both of them are!