Search This Blog

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Christmas Cards

Good Morning Everyone!

Not sure where the time has been going lately.  I get up early every morning, blink, and it's time to go to bed again.  I have been busy creating Christmas cards and until now haven't stopped to photograph any of them. 

Here's one of my favorites.
I stamped a Memory Box Bramble Wreath wooden stamp onto a sheet of patterned paper.  Then I used a Martha Stewart holly paper punch and paper punched 8 double holly sprigs.  I used a Xyron tape runner to adhere them to the patterned paper.  The bow was punched from a Martha Stewart bow punch.  The text was created with a Hero Arts clear stamp.  The bookplate that frames the text was created with a Sizzix die.


I am happy with this card too.  First I ran a sheet of patterned tag through a Cuttlebug snowflake embossing folder.  I used Lawn Fawn's "Harold's ABCs" clear stamp set to create the text.  The moon was punched from a Marvy Uchida purple circle punch.  I stamped an Amuse Artstamps "Santa Silhouette" onto the moon. 
The houses were stamped with stamps from Paper Trey Ink's "Boards and Beams" clear stamp set.  I embossed them and cut them down so that just the rooftops were left.  Then I colored them in with markers. 

Here's one of the gift cards I made yesterday. 

The reindeer was stamped with a Memory Box "Lightbulb Reindeer" wooden stamp.  The tree was punched with a Martha Stewart paper punch and the text is from PaperTrey Ink.  I added tiny rhinestones to the reindeer's antlers and nose.  The stamped impression shows where the rhinestones could be placed.  I placed some 1/8" Scor-tape along the snowbanks and then pressed the tape into some white glitter.

That's it for today.  Hoping to have what I call a "Cookathon" today so that I can fill the freezer with some soups, stews, and spaghetti sauce.  First there's grocery shopping to get done.

Have a great day!
Carol




1 comment:

Shirley said...

Wow! These are all winners and you are going to be so ready!