Search This Blog

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Turkey Day

Hi Everyone!

After I watched the wild turkeys stroll along across our yard this morning I decided to create another turkey card.  I used a die to cut out a couple of clouds and then used removable adhesive to adhere them to a 4" x 5.25" piece of white tag.  Then I used a foam pad to lightly apply some Tumbled Glass Distress Ink to the tag.  When I was satisfied with the ink coverage I removed the clouds.  The tag that was under them was still white as I had wanted it to be. 

I tore a couple of pieces of sandpaper and used Scor-pal tape to adhere them to tag and then I stamped the turkey from Lawn Fawn's "Happy Turkey Day" clear stamp set onto the tag 3 times.  I colored them in with some Copic  markers. 

I used a Fiskars triangle punch to cut 3 triangles.  I cut my Lawn Fawn "Happy Turkey Day" text stamp into 3 pieces so that I could easily stamp each word onto a triangle.  I've cut up clear stamps before and it doesn't hurt them.  They cut apart easily and then can be placed back together again on a clear block.  You just need to make sure that you put away all of the pieces. 

I used some tiny brads to attach the triangles to the tag and then added some baker's twine to either end to make the triangles look like a banner.  Attached the tag to a blank card and my card was done!  That was easy!



Have a great day!
Carol

1 comment:

Shirley said...

Too cute for words Carol!!