Search This Blog

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Christmas Mini Cards

Hi Everyone! 

I want to start off today's blog with a story.  Recently my computer was attacked remotely.  I fell for a Scareware scam and gave them my credit card information.  The logo on the Scareware closely resembled  Windows logo which is why I thought it was genuine.  Happily my bank is replacing the money in my account.  Although the viruses I was told were on my computer weren't really there somehow many of my files were corrupted, my computer couldn't communicate wth my printer, and I couldn't save any files as PDFs.  To make a long story short my sister Pam and her husband Norris bought me a new computer and a wonderful friend, Mary Anne, set up my new computer and transferred all of the files from my old computer.  Thank you again Pam, Norris and Mary Anne.

I have been incredibly busy fulfilling card orders.  I have this terrible feeling that once again this year "the cobbler's children may go barefoot" because I don't know how I will find the time to create cards for us to send. 

Mini cards which you may also know as "gift cards" have been very popular this year.  I play around with my stamps, paper punches, buttons, brads and patterned papers and create a variety of adorable cards. 
I created 18 mini cards today (12 different ones), but still need to photograph them.  However, I have photographs of the ones I created yesterday to share with you.


The card that looks like a Christmas present was created with a stamp from PaperTrey Ink's Holiday Button Bits clear stamp set.  The jingle bells with bows were created from Martha Stewart paper punches.  I free cut the snowman on the third card.


The card with the button ornaments was created with a stamp from PaperTrey Ink's Holiday Button Bits clear stamp set and buttons from my stash.  The tree and the snowman on the middle card are Favorite Findings Buttons.  The gingerbread man on the third card was stamped with a clear stamp from PaperTrey Ink's Holiday Button Bits clear stamp set.

I found the reindeer button at Michaels in their Holiday buttons set.  The tree was created with a triangle paper punch. 


The polar bear was stamped with a wooden Memory Box stamp.  The text is from Hero Arts and the pine tree is a Favorite Findings button.

I'll be busy creating cards all weekend as I promised to fulfill some orders on Monday.  I am in the Denami Design blog hop on Sunday and have a May Arts Ribbon Challenge to submit by Monday.  Hopefully I will have time to photograph the mini cards that are next to me so that I can share them with you.

Have a great night!  Take care when you are opening your e-mails.  The bank told me there are hundreds of new scams each week. 

Carol

1 comment:

Shirley said...

Wow! They are just so much fun!