Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Rudolph, Santa, and Snowman Candy Bar Wrappers

Hi Everyone!

While I sat here last night gluing red pompom noses on “Rudolph” candy bars I laughed to myself because I know Marie will laugh when she sees my creations and will tell me that I “need a life”. As those thoughts entered my mind I realized that I am in a “very happy” place in terms of crafting. I feel totally at peace when I sit here day after day creating cards and other papercrafts. The satisfaction I feel as I create cards and gifts for family and friends is euphoric. It’s taken about 5 years to build up my stash of tools and other supplies, but I am at the point where I feel that I have everything I want and need. I have learned which adhesives I prefer and which companies offer the quality of stamps, papers, and other supplies that I want. Happy place. I am in a happy place.

Today is my friend Susan DeMuth’s birthday. Susan created my logo. Susan is the owner and artist of Shapes, ETC. I met her at least 12 years ago while I was working at a store that suddenly closed nearly 2 years ago. We became friends instantly and our friendship remains strong even though we live many miles apart and rarely see each other. She’s in New York and I am in Massachusetts. I mention Susan because I give her full credit for turning me onto this wonderful papercrafting addiction. I also give her credit for suggesting that as I purchase a supply to find it a home so that I can always put my hand on whatever I need. Most of my supplies are here with me in “my own little corner”, but even the things that aren’t in this immediate area are organized and have their own little “home” just as Susan suggested.

I spotted a variety of snowman candy bar wrappers while I was surfing the net a few days ago. I thought they all were adorable and looked (and are) easy to create. I searched and discovered other seasonal candy bar wrappers too. My designs are all variations of ideas I found on the Internet.

Here are the candy bars Robbie, Marie and Jeanne will find in their stockings on Christmas morning.
The antlers on this reindeer were created from the purple Marvy Uchida snowflake paper punch.  I pieced parts of the snowflake together .  The googly eyes, pompoms, ribbon and bells are from my stash.  It's so much easier to create when you have a stash of stuff.


The hat on this snowman's head was created with a finger from an inexpensive glove.  Use Scor-pal tape or another adhesive to adhere it to the candy bar. 


Here's an easy way to create the belt and buckle for this Santa candy bar.  Cut a strip of black paper that is 3/4" wide and about 5.5" long and adhere it across the center of the red paper.  Then cut a one inch square of gold paper and glue it to the center of the belt.  Cut a 3/4" square of black paper and glue it to the center of the gold paper.  Looks like a buckle doesn't it!


If you need a very quick candy bar just wrap a piece of patterned paper around it!

That's it for today!  Run out to the store.  It's not too late to make the candy bars!

Have a great night.
Carol


4 comments:

Georgie Horn said...

My candy bars don't need wrappers...they don't last long enough! bwwwaaaahhahaahahahaaa. Come by for some holiday cheer!
http://georgie-hornpuddinnpie.blogspot.com/2011/12/dancing-in-public-with-ipod.html

Carol Hartery said...

Oh, Georgie, you crack me up! Hope you have a very Merry Christmas.

Cindy said...

Carol, love the Rudolph and Snowman wrappers. I'm thinking I might use a variation of the Snowman since he's so very simple, for Dakota's stocking. We almost had a near miss there ... Santa fills Dakota's stocking here, only Brittney elf thought I was filling it and I thought she was filling it! We just got the mess cleared up yesterday, so I'm off today to finish elfing her stocking. :D We won't mention it to the Big Man himself though when we see him for pictures this morning. LOL!

Shirley said...

How creative and fun!!!