Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Thank you cards


Hi Everyone!

We had a staff meeting from 5:30 to 7:30 tonight and now I am finally home.  I haven't had a chance to tell you about my 60th birthday party.  On Sunday I drove to my sister Jeanne's house expecting to have a birthday dinner with my sister (Jeanne), my son (Robbie), and my daughter (Marie).   Robbie rode with me, but Marie was already at Jeanne's supposedly making the birthday dinner. 

When I walked into Jeanne's house she thrust her laptop into my face showing me that she was skyping with our two other sisters, Paula and Pam.  They said, "Happy birthday" to me and then Jeanne called out, "Okay, everyone come on out".  Suddenly many of my friends came out of the guest room on one side of the house and out of the dining room on the other side of the house exclaiming, "Surprise!  Surprise!  Happy birthday!"

I didn't know where to look first.  I was TOTALLY surprised.  Shocked!  Excited!  Not one single person had given even the tiniest detail of this party away to me.  Robbie made 3 pans of baked ziti.  Marie made the appetizers, the salad and the lemon meringue cupcakes.  Jeanne did all of the shopping and paid for everything.  The 3 of them decorated the living room, the dining room, and the porch. 

My 3 sisters are giving me a trip to California for a birthday gift so that I can spend some time with Paula and Pam.  My friends also gave me all sorts of amazing and thoughtful gifts.  The entire day was so awesome. 

Last night I went out with some other friends to dinner and they also gave me the yummiest cake ever along with more amazing gifts. 

So now...I want to stop playing around and create about 2 dozen thank you cards.  So expect to be seeing a lot of thank you cards for the next week or so. 

Angela gave me an adorable 12" x 12" Heidi Grace paper pad along with coordinating stickers, two other pads of paper, colored pencils, and a clear storage container.  I used a little of the Heidi Grace paper on this first card. 

 
 
I used some of my new Graphic 45 paper to create this second card.  Diane gave me the lace that I used a long time ago. The flowers and ribbon were in my stash.
 

And that's all I have to share today. 
Enjoy what's left of this night!
Carol

 
 


No comments: