Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Happy Birthday Robbie!

Hi Everyone!

I just studied my picture files and found quite a few pictures that I haven't shared with you yet.  Robbie and I had a hard time coming up with a theme for his birthday this year. We ended up going with red, white, and blue because we celebrated it on 4th of July weekend. 

I wanted his card to be more reflective of his interests. So I chose the animals that I have used on some of his other cards and put them together on one card.

 
The turkey was created with a Whipper Snapper Design's wooden stamp called "Let's Talk Turkey."  The owl, squirrel, and rabbit were created with Lawn Fawn stamps.  I used a Sizzix die to create the tree.
 
I glued the squirrel and turkey directly onto the layering paper.  I used foam tape to adhere the owl and the rabbit.  I wanted to give the turkey a little more personality so I gave him a pair of wiggly eyes and loved the way he looked.  Then I added larger wiggly eyes to the owl.  Looks good to me.
 
Robbie loved his card and added it to his collection.  He saves ALL of his cards. 
 
Have a nice day!
Carol



No comments: