Search This Blog

Sunday, July 13, 2014

Thank You Cards for Marie

Hi Everyone!

I've been talking with some of my peers and older friends about thank you notes.  Many of us feel upset that some people no longer take the time to write thank you notes.  Marie knows how I feel and plans to write her thank you notes for her graduation party gifts right away.  To help her out I spent the day creating 24 thank you cards for her. 

I started out by asking Marie what she'd like on the cards.  She said she wanted flowers and/or butterflies.  I went through my embellishments drawer and pulled out the silicone cups that hold flowers and butterflies. 


I wanted to make the cards as quickly as possible so I decided to use the same sketch and same sentiment stamp on all of the cards.  I quickly stamped and embossed "thanks a bunch" on 2 dozen 2.25" x 2.5" rectangles.  I used a clear stamp from PTI's "Blooming Button Bits" and stamped a stem and leaves on some of the rectangles.  I added brad flowers to those images. 

I adhered a small and a medium cloud to the remaining rectangles.  Then I added a butterfly button to those rectangles.

 
 
 
I pulled out some of my small paper pads and quickly selected 24 sheets of patterned paper.  I didn't stop to be picky the way I sometimes can be and trimmed each of those papers so that they measured 4" x 5.25".  I mounted the rectangles onto solid colors of tag that were trimmed to 2.5" by 2.75".  I mounted the rectangles onto the patterned paper and the patterned paper onto blank cards. 
 
I didn't stop to photograph each card since they are all so much alike.  I took a few photographs just so you can get the idea of how they look. 
 



That's it for today. Have a great night!
Carol


No comments: