Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Red, White and Blue Thank You Cards

Hi Everyone!

My friend's daughter celebrated her 2nd birthday recently.  The theme for her party was red, white and blue.  Fran likes to send out handmade cards so I made her some red, white and blue thank you cards to go with the theme of the party. 

Here's the card I made for her daughter's birthday.

 
I used some mini glue dots to get the ribbon to stay inside of the straws. 
 
 
 
A while ago my friend Sandy gave me a cigar box that was filled with little bags of buttons.  There was/is a lifetime supply of red, white and blue star ones.  Thanks Sandy!
 
 
I used some of my standard circle Nestability dies to cut these circles.  I've got to use them more often.  I really like the results.  
 
 
The last card is my favorite.  I used some Maya Mist to tint the flower red.  I was trying to create a flower that was similar to the ones on the patterned paper and it worked. 
 
You can look at the sketch of each card, change the colors and sentiments and create cards for any occasion. 
 
Have a wonderful day!
Carol

 
 




No comments: