Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Halloween Tea Light Scene

Hi Everyone!

Marie and Dan's engagement party was Sunday.  Everyone had a lot of fun.  It was a ton of work.  I made all of the food for 30 people-appetizers, main dishes, and desserts. I was so exhausted on Monday I could hardly function.  Now that their housewarming and engagement parties are over, I am taking a break from all things wedding.

So I have moved onto Halloween.  There are lots of decorations in the attic, but I decided that even before I looked to see what is up there, I would make a few new things.

I started with a Halloween tea light scene.  I used my Tim Holtz Vintage Cabinet Card die to cut the sides for the scene. I cut the pieces from spider web themed tag, vellum and chipboard.  I adhered spider paper to the front of the chipboard pieces.  Then I adhered a piece of vellum to the backside of the chipboard and added spider paper to the edges of it.

 
I paper punched bats, rats, and spiders and ran them through my Xyron X maker to put adhesive on them.  Then I adhered them to the vellum.  I also added some confetti spiders and pumpkins.  I cut the word "boo" from some borders I had in my stash and added them to the vellum along with some daddy long leg stickers. 
 

I used some thin green SEI ribbon to bind the pieces together.  A battery operated tea light is in the middle of the scene. When I dim the lights all of the embellishments stand our clearly and create a fun Halloween scene. 


If you don't own the die that I used, I am sure you could create something similar with other dies that you may have. 


Have a wonderful day!

No comments: