Search This Blog

Thursday, May 3, 2018

Get well cards Day 1

Hi Everyone!
 
I love having a stash of handmade cards, gift tags, and gift bags.  It means that I can quickly and easily put a gift together.  When I visit a friend, I can bring her some cards.  When it’s a friend’s birthday, I can give her some cards.  From time to time I like to bring my doctor and my hairdresser some cards in a gift bag just to thank them for the work they do.    

When I went to the doctor’s last week I brought her a gift bag with 6 cards in it.  She looked at it and exclaimed, “Oh, perfect.  Please tell me there’s a get well card in there.”  Well, there was one along with some thinking of you cards and a couple of birthday cards.  She told me that she was out of get well cards so I decided to make some for her and build up my stash of them. 

I started out by going through my supplies and took out everything I have that is “get well.”  I found clear and wooden stamps, get well dies, and get well ribbon. 
 
Here are some of the cards I created.
 
 I water colored the layering paper on this first card.  The turtle and sentiment stamps are from Lawn Fawn's "On the Mend" clear stamps set.  The log is from Lawn Fawn's "Critters in the Forest" clear stamp set.  The cattails stamp is from DRS Designs.  The dragonflies are jewels. 
 
 
On this next card the tissue box and sentiment were created with stamps from Lawn Fawn's "On the Mend" clear stamp set.  I stamped the tissue boxes onto patterned and white tag.  I fussy cut all of the images and then used an x-acto knife to cut a slit into the tissue boxes.  Then I slid the tissue images into the slits.  The ribbon is from my stash.
 
 
 
I bought the cherry blossom wooden stamp that I used on this next card at Impress Cards and Crafts in Seattle last year.  It is one of my favorite stamps and I used it over and over again.  The sentiment was created with a wooden stamp from Verses Rubber Stamps.
 
 
Have a wonderful day!

 

No comments: