Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Practicing My Coloring!

Hi Everyone!

I think I can get this posted before midnight! I told you that I bought some copic markers on Monday. I am very excited about that purchase and I’ve been practicing my coloring! I’d say my grade is slowing changing from N (needs improvement) to S- (almost satisfactory). I saw that there’s going to be a copic’s beginner’s class at InkAbout It in September and I am hoping to attend it. Meanwhile, I’ll keep watching copic youtube videos and practicing, practicing, practicing....

At the moment I think that the Colorless Blender marker is my friend. It takes away some of my ink when I get a little too ink crazy.


So for tonight I have just one card to show you. One that has some of my practicing on it. I used my Tuxedo Black Memento ink pad to stamp a series of daisies using my large daisy stamp from Purple Daisy Designs. Then I practiced my coloring. Doesn’t it sound so funny that a 57 year old woman would need to practice coloring!

After I had stamped and colored I cut out the flowers. I realized after I had finished cutting them that I do have the paper punch that coordinates with that stamp and could have used it. Oh, well. I practiced my cutting skills too. I used some Glossy Accents in the middle of each flower. The leaves were stamped with a clear stamp from PaperTrey Ink’s Turning Over a New Leaf set. I used medium glue dots to attach just the center of each flower to the card.

So that is it for tonight. BUT...I have other cards to show you tomorrow that I LOVE! I didn’t/don’t need to color them. You’ll be able to look at my ideas and create cards of your own using your favorite papers. So, please stop by again tomorrow and please leave some comments that I can post.

OH! I forgot to tell you about something very cool. Blogger has added a stats button to my dashboard. The stats show that there are crafters from all over the place....the United States, Canada, England, Russia, Australia, New Zealand, and Singapore reading my posts. I think that is SO Cool!
Okay, time to clean up today’s mess!



Carol

3 comments:

Cindy said...

cute card ... I am not fond of cutting at all! ;)

Peggy Burns said...

Cool that so many folks are reading your blog. They know good stuff when they see it.

Carol Hartery said...

Ah, Peggy, you are such a sweet little leprechaun! You ALWAYS make me smile! Miss you. See you soon!