Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Welcome Little Star

Hi Everyone!

A friend called and asked if I would make a card for a new baby girl. Tonight I will tell you how the card I created for her evolved.

I felt like using some dies to create the card so I looked through my collection. I found one of my favorites which is the moon wearing a nightcap and decided to use it.

I have several different sets of clear Inkadinkado baby stamps. In the baby boy set there is one stamp that says, "Little Star" and another that says, "Welcome, baby".

I thought for a while.

Hmm. Moon? Stars? Hmm. I love that moon die cut. Oh, wait...I have several star die cuts. Moon and stars? There’s no reason that a girl can’t be a "Little Star".

And that thinking lead to this card.
I used a Martha Stewart paper punch to create the bow on the large star. I punched out an additional bow and used my scanner to reduce the size of it so that it would fit the small star.
Added some rhinestones so that the moon and stars would "twinkle".

Change the colors and this could easily become a card for a new baby boy!
Enjoy!
Carol

2 comments:

sucor said...

Cute! Thanks for sharing the scanner tip.

Unknown said...

Carol, I love the "Little Star" card but my favorite is the one you made for me with the elephant.
Kathy