Search This Blog

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Spooks from SEI

Hi Everyone!

There's no question about it.  I am definitely a huge fan of Fall.  I am so much happier and more productive in this cool weather.  I sit here and hear acorns dropping onto the shed's roof.  There's the tiniest hint that the leaves are starting to change their colors too.  My "summer" dishes have been packed away and everything fall and Halloween is working its way into the kitchen cabinets and on the shelves around me. 

I cannot believe how "into" Halloween cards I am this year.  I'm addicted to them.  I know I should be working on Thanksgiving cards and most definitely should be working on Christmas cards and every now and then I create a Thanksgiving or Christmas something, but then I drift back to Halloween.

If you have been following this blog you know by now that SEI is one of my favorite paper companies.  Over and over again when someone looks at a card that I created with SEI paper, the first word out of their mouths is ALWAYS "elegant".  Usually followed by rich looking, beautiful, etc.

Well, I am not sure that I would use the adjective "elegant" to describe SEI's "Spooks" line, but it is fun, rich looking, and warm and I totally LOVE it.  A few weeks ago SEI had this great deal going that if you ordered $25 worth of products you could select one free paper pad from their newest paper collections.  Well, it was easy to spend $25 and I selected a "Spooks" 12" x 12" paper pad as my freebie. 

You may recall how much fun I had when I purchased SEI's "Happy Day" line and decided it was time to treat myself to some more fun.  So yesterday the mailman arrived with a package for me from SEI.  Among other things the package had the Spooks paper pad, Spooks cardstock stickers, Spooks alphabet stickers, Spooks elements, Spooks sparkling ghosts, and Spooks borders. 

I "played" with my new toys last night and all morning and so far I have added 8 more Halloween cards to my stash.  All of the layering papers used on these cards are from the Spooks 12" x 12" paper pad.

This first card is my favorite.  The ghosts, candy, and jack o'lanterns were cut from the borders.  I cut 2 of each and put a strip of mounting tape between them to add dimension to the  card.  The haunted house is one of the
Spooks elements.
This card is a reflection of my role as an early childhood educator.  It reminds me of the word walls I used to create with my students.  The words were cut from a strip of border
The small ghosts on this card are just too cute.  They are from a package of 24 sparkling ghosts.  The pumpkins are from one of the borders. 
The ghosts on both of these cards are from that same package of ghosts.  The graveyard, fence, and pumpkins are pieces of border. 

I used SEI paper and some Sizzix dies to creat the pumpkins and picket fence on this card. I ran the layering paper through an embossing folder.  The gingham ribbon is from my stash.
Used pumpkin Nestabilities and SEI paper to create these pumpkins.  Don't you just love the little photo corners!  They are from the Spooks stickers

This last card is a combination of borders, elements, mounted on a very cool sheet of boo foil paper from the Spooks paper pad.
I still have lots of "Spooks" left to work with, but I must stop for today.  Have a great night!  Carol

1 comment:

Peggy Burns said...

Wow, but I don't have any more nieces or nephews to buy for. But, I love the ones I have. The more you make, the more I want. But I have to wait for Thanksgiving.