Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Thanksgiving Cards Day 2

Hi Everyone!



As I said the other day, "I LOVE fall!" I just cannot believe how good the air feels and how much I have been accomplishing every day now for nearly a week or more.


When I went to bed on Friday night I had finished 2 Thanksgiving cards. When I went to bed 2 days later I had 35 of them and I did more that weekend than just create cards. I made 12 hostess sets which I will talk more about someday soon. I rearranged my stamps, ribbons, buttons, and embellishments so that all things fall/Thanksgiving/Christmas and Winter are in my immediate view range.

Marie's best friend, Allison, celebrated her 22nd birthday on Saturday. Friday afternoon Marie asked me what she could make for Allison that was made with fruit, but was fun and special. I thought for a few minutes and then suggested that she make a watermelon basket. Marie didn't know what that was so I explained it to her. She liked the idea, but disappeared into her room. A short while later she came back into the dining room and said she wanted to make a watermelon turtle. She had gone onto the Internet to see what things you could make with a watermelon and loved the turtle. I won't bother telling you the whole long story, but I will tell you that my driven daughter and I accomplished a multitude of tasks before we finally went to bed around 1 AM. Here's the turtle! It was fun and special and everyone, especially Allison, loved it!

Here are some of the Thanksgiving cards I created over the weekend.


I used a Memory Box stamp to create the wreath on this card and a Marvy Uchida oak leaf punch to create the leaves.


Pumpkin nestabilities, rub-ons, and some Recollections stickers were all I used to create this card.

I found these felt turkey stickers at Michaels. I think they're adorable, but these cards will need extra postage because the turkeys are plump!

"Thanks" was cut with a Sizzix Die. "Happy" and "Giving" were made with Mrs. Grossman stickers.

Will share more Thanksgiving cards with you soon. Have a great day!
Carol

1 comment:

Peggy Burns said...

Love the turtle. I think Marie is as creative as you are Carol, but doesn't quite know it yet. Love the Thanksgiving cards thus far.