Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Back to School Cards

Hi Everyone!

Although I follow many papercrafting blogs, subscribe to several papercrafting magazines, and have an extensive collection of papercrafting books more often than not the cards I create are originals. However, sometimes when I look at a photograph of someone else's card I wonder which size circle punch they used, what size the squares on their card are, or which border punch they used. I am guessing that if I wonder about things like that other papercrafters must have some of those same questions. It takes time to add that information to a post so I would like to know what information you like to learn when you follow a blog. I would also like to know which types of cards or other paper crafts you'd like to see on my blog and what kind of tips you might like to learn.

A friend of mine asked me to create some back to school cards for her nieces and nephews. I purchased a small dcwv Grade School paper stack, a small dcwv High School paper stack, and some school theme stickers. Some of her nieces and nephews are in college. Happily, some of the paper in the High School stack can also be used for college cards.  Here are the cards I created today.


Have a great night!
Carol


5 comments:

Peggy Burns said...

Carol, these are perfect. They will love them (if they don't, I do). See you later today.

Carol Hartery said...

Hi Peggy!
Glad that you like them. I was happy with the way they turned out. I just finished the rest of them.
See you later!

Riley's mom said...

These Back to School cards are so beautiful.

I have a coworker who just bought a house with her husband. I would like to make her a card and I am looking for ideas on a "new home" card. Do you have any suggestions?

Carol Hartery said...

Funny that you should ask about new home cards. Today at noontime a friend of mine stopped by and asked me to make a new home card for her. I will create some within the next few days and post them on the blog. Carol

Peggy Burns said...

Mailed cards today. Hope the kids like them. They are awesome. Thanks Carol. Showed a friend the Halloween ones, she said they were better than the store ones. I agree.