Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Hero Arts Happy Birthday Cupcakes

Hi Everyone!

I almost passed up purchasing the Hero Arts Happy Birthday Cupcakes Cling Stamp set because I own the Hero Arts Big Cupcake Cling Stamp.  But I liked the font and the stitching around the "Happy Birthday to You" text in the Happy Birthday Cupcakes Cling Stamp set so now those stamps are a part of my collection. 

As soon as I walked in the door with my new stamps I sat down at this work table and started to create.  Most of the papers I used on these 2 cards are from PaperTrey Ink's Bitty Dots Basics paper collection.  That collection includes 3 sheets each of 15 colors of 8" square paper.  I love the quality of the paper and the colors, but wish the paper were at least 9" x 12" so that I could get 4 layering papers from one sheet that would be 4" x 5.25". 

As I do pretty much every time I stamp cupcakes I stamped the cupcake bottoms on one style of patterned paper and the cupcake tops on a different paper.  In addition to the text box I fussy cut the cupcake tops and bottoms.  I added ice cream cone brads to the text image before I adhered it to the layering paper.  I used Scor-tape to attach the cupcake bottoms to the cards and foam tape to attach the cupcake tops.  The foam tape helps the frosting pop off the card. 

I colored the hearts and sprinkles on this card with a dark brown Marvy marker and then covered the hearts and round sprinkles with Glossy Accents.  .  Now those hearts and sprinkles are shiny and look good enough to eat.

I colored the hearts and round sprinkles on this card with a red Marvy marker and then covered them with Glossy Accents. 

Both cards look yummy to me and make me want a cupcake.  Oh...there are some in the freezer!

Have a great night. 
Carol

No comments: