Search This Blog

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Watercolored Cards

Hi Everyone!

Every Monday Hero Arts sends out an e-mail telling readers "What’s New at Hero Arts". Every Wednesday they release a new video about a paper crafting technique, card making idea, and more.

This past week they released a video that was presented by Sally Traidman showing water color techniques. Someone at Hero Arts was clever enough to issue a warning that after you watched the video, you’d want to play. I watched the video a couple of times and then I really did want to play with watercolors.

I started out by scribbling a Marvy Le Plume marker onto an acrylic block, spritzing the scribble with a Mini Mister and then dipping a thin watercolor brush into the watery solution. Then just as Sallly had shown in the video I flicked the watery solution onto a piece of tag. Here’s the card I created with that tag.

I love it and think that it has an Eric Carle feel to it. The flowers are Favorite Findings felt buttons. I stitched the middle of each flower with some twine from The Twinery. I ran my Xyron tape runner along pieces of ric rac so that I could adhere them to the card as stems and grass. The text was stamped with a Hero Arts wooden stamp.

I used some of my Twinkling H20s for the watercolors on my second card. The colors of the paints are much more vibrant than the markers, but I like both looks. I ran the watercolored spattered tag through a Cuttlebug Argyle embossing folder.



The tea mugs and text are from the Hero Arts "What’s Perking" clear stamp set. I used some of my Twinkling H20s to color the mugs. The "tea bags" were made from scraps of vellum. I tied some twine to them and added tiny tags so they’d look like the tea bags in my cabinet.

That's it for today.  Tomorrow my friend Janet and I are going to an A Muse class in Nashua, NH. 
Have a great night.
Carol

No comments: