Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Monkey Placemats and Cupcakes

Hi Everyone!


Some of my friends are starting the school year off with a monkey theme.  Last night we used that theme for a party to welcome our friend Angela home from Venezuela.  

Many of my readers are teachers, parents, and grandparents.  The paper placemats that I created for the party could be used in a classroom on a bulletin board, as a placemat at a child's birthday party, or as a gameboard for "Pin the Nose on the Monkey".  If you make smaller monkeys they could be used to embellish treat bags. 


I used my Martha Stewart circle cutter to cut 11.5" circles from 12" squares of SEI plaid paper.  I thought the paper was a perfect choice for the placemats because it looks like fabric. 

I used paper punches to cut the pieces for the ears, eyes and nose.

I free cut a heart for the upper part of the face and an oval shape for the lower part.

For dessert we had monkey cupcakes.  They look a little funny, but they tasted good.  The ears are made from m&ms.  I think they may have looked better if I had turned them sideways.
Have a great night!
Carol

No comments: