Search This Blog

Saturday, December 8, 2012

The Stocking is hung...

Hi Everyone! 

It was such a crazy week.  Attended an all day training on Monday, a 2 hour staff meeting on Tuesday night, and a 2 hour First Aid class on Thursday night. In between all of that I taught preschoolers and did the usual day to day stuff. 

There are 17 days left until Christmas.  I have gifts to buy and wrap, cards to make and send, cookies to bake and deliver, a tree to buy and decorate..the list is too long.  By now we usually have more than 500 cookies in our freezer, but there are only about 100. The oven temperature was fluctuating so we waited until the repairman came before we continued to bake.  It was fixed on Friday and now we can get back to cookie baking.  Tomorrow. 

Worked on school stuff off and on today.  My kids LOVE to sing so I made some song props for them and worked on my lesson plans for this coming week.

Wasn't in a card making mood today.  Or a baking one either.  But I have a couple of cards to share with you.


I like the way this one turned out. I might like it even more if I had embossed the layering paper.  Too late for that now!  I die cut a stocking twice-once in red, and once in green.  Then I cut the toe, heel, and cuff off of the green stocking and glued the rest of it onto the red stocking.  Used foam tape to adhere it to the layering paper.  Added a braided thin gold ribbon to the paper along with some holly stickers.  Added some ribbon to the paper too before I attached it to a blank card.  The candy cane is a foam sticker that was in my stash. 

 
 
Bet you can guess what kind of gift card is enclosed in this card.  It was pretty easy to fussy cut the cups.  The stamps were from a mini set from PaperTrey Ink at this link.  The sentiment is a rub-on.
 


This was an easy one too.  The layering paper is from Lawn Fawn.  Paper punched a white circle and stamped Santa's sleigh on it.  Added the text rub-on and the card was done!  Doesn't get much easier than that.

And that's all of for today!

Enjoy the rest of the weekend.
Carol


No comments: