Search This Blog

Friday, September 29, 2017

"Hoppy" Birthday

Happy Friday, Everyone!

I have been busy creating birthday cards all week.  Now I need to find time to photograph them and write some blog posts about them.  For today I am going to share 2 cards. 

Years ago I used Action Wobbles on my cards.  They were a little big for some of my images so I was thrilled to discover that last year Art Impressions created Mini Action Wobbles.  They are about the size of a nickel and work perfectly on many of my images. 

Mini Action Wobbles are springs that you adhere to the back of an image and to your card.  When you flick the image, it wobbles back and forth and adds an element of fun to your cards. 


Here's today's first card.  After I stamped the frog onto patterned paper, I fussy cut it and cut off the head.  I adhered the frog's body to the card. Then I attached the Mini Action Wobble to the back of the frog's head and the card.  His googly eyes jump around when I flick the head.  The sentiment was created with an Endless Creations woodblock stamp.  I used a Hero Arts woodblock stamp to create the frog, a D R S woodblock stamp to create the cattails, and a Lawn Fawn clear stamp to make the log. 


I have always loved this floppy eared bunny from Alley Way Stamps.  For this card I stamped the bunny 2 times and fussy cut both images.  Then I cut off one bunny's head, attached the Mini Action Wobble to it, and adhered it directly on top of the other bunny.  I used dies from The Stamps of Life to create the balloons and balloon strings.  The grass hills were created with Lawn Fawn's puffy clouds border dies.

That's it for today.  I promise I'll be back with more birthday cards soon.

Have a great night!

No comments: