Search This Blog

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Citronella Drinks


Hi Everyone!

Didn't this weekend just fly by! I had so many things I wanted to accomplish and I can cross very few of them off my list. Oh, well...there's always tomorrow.



I think I’ve only eaten one meal in my life that was made with "Hamburger Helper", but the slogan for that product is stuck in my mind, "One pan, one pound, one happy family!"
For some reason I thought of
that slogan while I was making
cards the other day.




I had one package of
Grand Adhesions and used them to create 7 cards. "One package, 7 cards, one happy Carol!" My friend, Toni, bought me those embellishments after I mentioned I was trying to locate them since they coordinate with the Citronella paper I wrote about many blogs ago. Toni also bought me additional blocks of that paper. Thanks, Toni!




I used Citronella paper for most of the cards, but the paper with the little cherries is from the DCWV Sweet Mat Stack and the paper with the large cherries is from paper called "Yummy Cherries" from Hot off the Press. I used a couple of different Martha Stewart edger punches to create the decorative strip across the cards. The "Enjoy the Sweet Things in Life" stamp is the same stamp that I mentioned a couple of blogs ago. It is manufactured by Impression Obsession.



I think these cards could be used for "thinking about you", "thank you", "birthday" cards, etc.
Enjoy!
Carol

2 comments:

sucor said...

Fun cards and economical too! I'm using stickers on cards more often now. There are so many nice ones available.

Riley's mom said...

Hi Carol,

I am a little behind in my blog reading. I like the look of having the picture of the tree from Horn Pond on your blog.

The "tea" cards from your June 26 blog are adorable. I like how the recipient can remove the teabag to use and still have a cute card remaining.

My all time favorite card (except for the Riley cards, of course!) is the "hello" card pictured on your June 20 blog. For those who have not seen it, look for the card that features pearls and the color purple. It is SO pretty.

Jeanne