Search This Blog

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Flower Chat

Hi Everyone!

I spent this humid day surrounded by 3 fans! I sat at my worktable and prepped 4 workshops, created games for a summer program for preschoolers, and made some cards. I decided to use a set of clear stamps from
Stampendous called "Flower Chat" on today’s cards.

When you look at the picture of "Flower Chat" you will notice that instead of phrases many of the words are individual words that have an outline around them. There are additional phrases and single words in a variety of fonts and a bunch of flowers in a "window box".

Since the words are individual words you can arrange them any way that you want on a clear block before you stamp them. The "window box" has a space in it for a word to be stamped.



On this first card I stamped everything onto a white background paper and then used my Marvy Twinklette markers to color the stamped images. I put a tiny brad through the middle of each flower before I adhered the white background paper to a layer of green paper and then attached those papers to a blank card.




On the second card I cut the words out before I attached them to the card. A thin layer of foam tape would make the words pop out a little more.






The words are just stamped on the white paper for this card. Instead of using the "window box" stamp, I used silk flowers and brads for the floral arrangement. I added a butterfly to the arrangement after I studied the photograph I had taken of the card.







This time I just used the "window box" stamp and stamped the word "hello" in the window box’s empty space. I placed different sizes of white pearls in the center of each flower.








This is my favorite card. Stamped the window box on white and adhered the white onto a layer of brown. I wrapped some sheer brown ribbon around the polka dotted paper, added brads to the ribbon and attached it to the blank card before I attached the paper with the floral arrangement.





Hope that at least one of these cards inspires you.
Stay cool!
Carol

No comments: