Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Christmas Cards

Hi Everyone!



Today I used a few of my Cuttlebug embossing folders to emboss the layering paper for some cards. I used a snowflake embossing folder for this first card. The snowflakes were created with a Sizzix Sizzlits snowflake die. I discovered that my smallest snowflake paper punch didn't like the weight of glitter paper. I tried to punch some snowflakes and the spring on the punch broke. It's also a little difficult to use glitter paper with my bigger snowflake punches. They cut through the glitter paper, but not as easily as they do with tag or light weight patterned paper.




This was an easy card to make. I used a tree embossing folder on the layering paper and a Sizzix die to cut the ornament. The paper is from this year's dcwv Christmas combo printed matstack small block. The tiny stocking on the tag is a brad from Eyelet Outlet.



I used Cuttlebug's dotted embossing folder for the layering paper on this card. Notice how I used red and green markers to highlight some of the dots to make them look like red and green sprinkles. The gingerbread men were cut with a Sizzix die and the tiny gingerbread girl is a Favorite Findings button.



I liked the circles wreath card that I made yesterday so much that I made several others using different papers.


Have a great night!


Carol

1 comment:

Cindy said...

I like the idea of highlighting the dots on the embossing. Cute card. Looks good enough to eat. :)