Search This Blog

Monday, December 20, 2010

New Year's cards

Hi Everyone!

I've decided to share some New Year's cards with you today. This first card was created with one of my favorite stamps, a snowman from Great Impressions. The position of the snowman's arms gives me the impression that he's exclaiming "Joy to the World", "Merry Christmas", "Happy Birthday", or "Happy New Year".



"Happy New Year" was stamped with A Country Welcome stamp that I purchased from www.addictedtorubberstamps.com


I used my watercolor pencils to color the snowman's cheeks, nose, arms, and scarf. I outlined the snowman with a Quickie Glue pen and then sprinkled fine white glitter onto the glue. I ran the blue background paper through a Cuttlebug snowflake embossing folder.


You'll find party hats and noisemakers at many New Year's parties. I dug through my birthday party papercrafting stash and found some party hats and the Stampendous noisemaker rubber stamp that I used to make this card. I ran the layering paper you see on the card through a Cuttlebug dotted embossing folder. I used markers to highlight some of the dots to make them look like confetti.
 
Time for more baking! 
 
Have a great day!
Carol

No comments: