Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Die Cuts on Cards

Hi Everyone!

I recently realized that online card classes are the perfect fit for me.  Once I sign up for a class I can take it anytime, any place I want.  I can stop in the middle of a video to swap off loads of laundry or check on the dinner I am cooking.  Once I sign up for a class I have access to it for the rest of my life!  I have already revisited some of the videos several times. 

Last night I watched a couple of the videos from Part One of the online class, "A Cut Above".  The class is about using die cuts on your cards.  What I especially like about the videos is over and over again the instructors encourage you to use the supplies that you already own.  While I was watching Jennifer McGuire use a lattice die for one of her cards I realized that I had a similar die that I had never used tucked in a drawer.  I pulled it out and used it to cut 4 lattice strips.  Then I stamped and cut a flower from the Hero Arts/Sizzix Garden Flowers stamp and die set and a sentiment from the Hero Arts/Sizzix Floral stamp and die set.  I used my copic markers to add color to the flower.  Here's the card.


I used a set of 2 Cloud dies from PaperTrey Ink and a sentiment from Lawn Fawn's
Partly Cloudy clear stamp set to create my second card.



Neither card was difficult to make and I learned the techniques on both of them from the Cut Above Part One class.  Check out the classes at this link

Have a nice day!
Carol

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I've been thinking about taking this class since I've become a die-o-phile lately :S They are such versatile tools but can be expensive. The 'use what you have concept' is one i like! lol These cards are both so pretty...clouds do me in everytime. That Hero stamp/die set has been in and out of my simon says cart repeatedly. I'll hold off since I already have too many supplies I've never used.