Search This Blog

Saturday, July 14, 2012

I'm Here for You

Hi Everyone!

As of right now today's humidity is much lower than yesterday's and I am comfortable and busy creating cards.   This week the challenge at CAS-ual Fridays is to "use strips of color or pattern in your clean and simple creation". 

Yesterday I sat and talked with a preschooler who proudly showed me the colorful bandaids on her legs (none of them were covering any really boo-boos).  When I saw the phrase "strips of color" I immediately thought of those bandaids and had the idea for my card. 


I used stamps from Lawn Fawn's "On the Mend" clear stamp set to create my bandaids and text.  I stamped the bandaids onto a variety of patterned papers from "My Mind's Eye", fussy cut them and paper pieced them together.  Wanted to dress up the card a little, but still keep it CAS so I added a couple of strips of baby ric rac to the side of it. 

Will be back later today with some other cards.

The temperature has risen 2 degrees since I started writing this post. 

Stay cool. 
Carol

5 comments:

Peggy Burns said...

Adorable. So many sayings you can use on this card. Love it. How many kids love wearing band-aids for no reason.

JoAnn Ross said...

That is beyond adorable! I always love polka dots, and although I really like Lawn Fawn, somehow I missed that fun stamp. Now I must go find it. Thanks for the inspiration!!

Gayatri said...

Adorable card. Love it. Thanks so much for playing along with us @ CAS-ual Fridays :)

Debby said...

Great card! Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays this week :)

Stephanie Washburn said...

AWW! SO cute! Love your little strips! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays! :)