Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 8, 2020

bookmarks

Hi Everyone,

I know that I am in a funk when I don't want to craft.  When I got up this morning I decided to figure out a way to help get myself and others to move out of that funk.  I decided I would make some bookmarks that have positive and "thinking of you" messages on them. 


I'll share the details of my bookmarks with you, but remember you can easily adapt them to your needs and interests. 

All of my bookmarks are 6" long.  Most of them are 2.25" wide.  Now I realize that if I made them just 2" wide I would get 12 instead of 10 out of a sheet of 12" x 12" paper, but I wanted to leave room for the "stitched" paper I added to each bookmark.  You figure out what width works for you.  I rounded the corners of each bookmark. 

I stamped images and sentiments onto a "stitched" paper that I cut with a die I have from Lawn Fawn.

I added a tassel to some of the bookmarks.  I threaded beads onto some of the tassels.  I added a threaded charm to other bookmarks.  You could always just add some twine to the bookmarks or don't add anything at all. 

Look through your stamps and papers to find ones that suit your interests or the interests of the people who will receive the bookmarks from you. 


You might want to laminate the bookmarks when you have finished creating them.  Or use contact paper to cover them.  Or just leave them as they are. 

Hugs! 

No comments: