Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Candy holder for Easter

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to concentrate on the things I would be thinking about under normal conditions.  For me that would be Marie's upcoming birthday and Easter.  I am not even sure that the 5 of us will spend Easter together, but I still want to have treats for my family.  Fortunately, I picked up candy weeks ago. 

There is certainly nothing wrong with simply placing treats in Easter baskets, but I usually embellish those treats in some way.  I wanted to dress up small packages of Brach's Tiny Jelly Bird Eggs so I decided to create a wrapper for them.  Since we all love to hold the new baby in our family I decided to add a paper bunny holding a mini Lindt chocolate bunny to the front of the holders.



Here's a view of the side of the holder.


Depending upon what you use for the candy inside of the holder you may have to change the measurements, but here's what I did.

Cut a piece of patterned tag so that it measures 3.5" x 12".  Score at 4", 5", 9", and 10".  Fold along all score lines.  I used border punch to decorate the shortest fold.  Then I stapled a bag of candy inside the holder and stapled the holder so it was closed.  I used my Cricut to cut some bunnies for the front of the packages.  I put a mini Lindt chocolate bunny in the paper bunny's arms. 


This was a quick and easy project once I figured out the measurements that I needed.

Take care.  Focus on the blue skies and sunshine we are seeing today.


No comments: