Search This Blog

Sunday, April 18, 2010

"feel better soon"

Hi Everyone!
I am guessing that you may have had a day that you didn’t get as clear of an image as you wanted when you were rubber stamping. That’s how my morning went today. I was stamping the words "feel better soon" and I didn’t like the results I kept getting. I stamped over and over again on a sheet of white tag. Suddenly my frustration transformed into excitement. I had an idea!

I cut down a piece of white tag and used my Scor-Pal to score lines horizontally and vertically. Then I deliberately stamped "feel better soon" over and over again in more than one direction and with more than one color ink. A couple of times I taped over some of the words (for example "feel" and "soon") while I was applying ink to the stamp. Then I removed the tape before I stamped and only stamped "better" because there wasn’t any ink on the other 2 words. I don’t love the way the pink ink looks on this card, but I love the way the Moss Green and Cyan look next to each other.
The little penguin that I have popping off the card was created with a Memory Box stamp called "Posey Penguin". This concept lends itself to other words and phrases too. "Happy birthday", "Thank you", "Thinking of you"...the possibilities are endless.
Oh! How about stamping "Congratulations" over and over again, and then have some graduation caps popping out! Oh! The "Congratulations" could be stamped in the school colors.....Stay tuned!
Carol


2 comments:

Peggy Burns said...

Now that's the type of card I like, I'm not clever like you, but this I can do. I love the different colors. I have 3 graduations coming up and 1 First communion. No, 4 graduations. I better get busy.

Carol Hartery said...

Ah, luckily for you, you have a friend who ordered some First Communion stamps the other day and has one set of graduation stamps and one wooden graduation stamp too...so we'll get crafting soon. Very soon!